Social Media Content Calendar: 365 Post Ideas For Every Day
When it comes to promoting your account on social media networks, there usually appear lots of questions. What to post? When? How often?… A great idea we can recommend is to develop a social media content calendar that will be your personal lighthouse in the ocean of your social media strategy.
Sounds complicated, right? It might be complicated in the beginning, however, once you’ve figured it out, you can rest assured it’ll pay that time back in the future. Here’s your guide in this challenging yet exciting world!
What is a social media calendar?
A social media calendar is a spreadsheet used to schedule social media posts in advance. In other words, it’s a timetable for planning what content to publish and when. So, it lets marketers create content in advance to post it later on particular dates instead of improvising.
Who can use a social media calendar?
Anyone creating social content – whether for a business, media company, or a serious blog – should consider using a calendar.
Marketing campaigns often have a lot of moving parts, including social components. Keeping teams organized and making sure everyone involved in a project understands the social promotion schedule is key.
Staying organized with a calendar makes it much easier to save time and maintain consistency. This is important for small businesses, where resources are limited.
If you have a social media account with thousands of followers, you have to find a way to keep them entertained and hooked to your channel constantly. That’s why a content calendar can help you stay productive and focused on your “work”.
Social media content calendar apps and tools
There are lots of different tools out there that can help you establish and effective content calendar, and we’ve decided to gather the most useful ones.
Google Drive has several helpful features that make it easy for social media marketers to build out an effective content calendar.
You can also use shared Google Sheets to schedule posts on social media, track the status of different pieces of content, and assign tasks to team members — all on the same platform as their calendar.
With the help of Google Docs, users can keep comments all in one place and collaborate on different projects without emailing back-and-forth or having to schedule a meeting.
Trello cards can be assigned to different team members, marked with due dates, and commented on. Users can even customize labels with different publication statuses so the entire team can see the progress of their social media posts and when they’re due on the calendar. The labels could also indicate different social networks that content is being published on.
Hootsuite offers a built-in Planner tool to help you create campaigns, identify publishing gaps, and collaborate with your content creation team.
Its primary features are in social publishing so that you can release content to your networks in advance, but it also has rich features for collaboration and post approvals.
Once your content is created, you can preview it with the Composer tool, which displays according to each social network’s unique format.
Why take your time to create a social media content calendar?
Depending on your and your brand’s necessities, your social media posting schedule can be simple or complex. If you’re still having doubts, we’ve prepared some key points on why social media calendar is so effective.
#1 Saves your time
Developing a social media calendar, you’re able to plan ahead, structure your work, avoid multitasking, and save your creativity for something more.
#2 Provides you with ready posts for every day
To be successful on social media, you need to always keep your subscribers curious to check and follow your account.
#3 Allows you to avoid spelling mistakes and typos
Since you’ve prepared your posts in advance, you can check them before publishing, hence no embarrassing errors!
#4 Encourages you to be more endeavoring with your social media strategies
Once you’ve started to create your social media calendar, great ideas can pop up in your head one by one, and it’s much easier to write them down.
#5 Prevents you from forgetting about relevant moments
A calendar is a calendar, and of course, you can use national, international holidays and other significant days as ideas for your posts.
#6 Lets you create and distribute high quality content
A social media posting calendar helps you allocate your human and digital assets effectively, and a long-term vision means you’re promoting content that supports your marketing goals.
#7 Helps you track your performance and improve it
Once you’ve published all the posts from your calendar, you can have a look at it and analyze what posts have been more interesting for your subscribers, and make a new calendar with these results in mind.
So, are you ready to create your personal social media content calendar? Here are some useful pro tips to help you to start:
- Analyze your social media accounts and existing content
- Choose social networks which work for you better
- Create a content library
- Establish a workflow
- Create your posts
- Schedule your posts.
If you’re still a bit confused about the social media calendar, but really want to start, we’ve prepared such a calendar with 365 ideas for daily posts!
365 ideas for your social media content calendar
Some of our ideas are related to holidays, or national days, some of the posts are about the business owner’s personality. In any case, you just need to add something about your niche to the post, and – voila! – it’s informative, entertaining, and talks about your brand. You can also mix these posts with the products from your store, and your selling content is ready.
Let’s have a look at an example: let’s say, the idea for the post is “Talk about your evening routine”. How can you connect it with your niche? Well, if you’re selling tableware, you can take a mug from your store, capture it in the photo, and talk about your evening routine – how you drink tea from your favorite mug from your store and watch TV with your beloved family! Easy, right?
We offer you to look through our 365 ideas for social media posts below.
Social media content calendar ideas for January
- New Year Day – create a post about this holiday celebration
- Ask your followers how they spent New Year
- Get handsy and post a photo with your product in your hand
- Record an unboxing video where you unpack some goods of your brand
- Make a screenshot of some piece of social proof you’d like to highlight (quote, review, comment about your business)
- Make a friendly selfie to let your followers know the person behind the brand
- Go behind the scenes and share what happens on the unseen side of your business
- Use a changeable letter sign and make a photo of fun/creative/inspirational note on the chalkboard
- Give your audience a sneak peek of what you’re working on
- Make a statement: take a photo of a t-shirt, coffee mug, or another item with a fun quote or saying on it
- Share an educational or informative article related to your niche topic or industry
- Answer a question you tend to get asked a lot
- Reveal what’s currently working well for your customers or your business
- Share an article, podcast, video, etc., with an expert talking about your industry
- Show an award or accolade you or your business has received
- Make or share a how-to video detailing the steps on how to do something very specific that appeals to your ideal customer
- Announce a live one-on-one coaching session you’ll give to one person who comments on this post
- Select one person from the comments to your previous post and coach them!
- Share a mistake you typically see your customers or competitors make
- Provide a tip on how to avoid the mistake from your previous post
- Share a fun fact about your industry or niche
- Post an infographic with helpful tips or information for your audience
- Share a tip that will help your audience be more efficient and save time
- Reveal a tip that will help your audience save money
- Share a super simple hack to a common problem your customer faces
- Discover a simple solution to solve a problem your audience experienced and share your solution
- Make a poll to test new ideas with your audience
- Ask your audience for direct feedback
- Encourage your followers to share their predictions about a trend within your industry or a current event
- ‘This or That’: give your audience 2 options and ask them to choose
- ‘Would You Rather…’: create a post asking your subscribers about something they prefer
Social media content calendar ideas for February
- ‘Ask Me Anything’: encourage people to ask you anything today
- ‘If You Could’: ask your subscribers about something unreal/possible in the future/super power they dream of
- ‘What’s Your Favorite….’ – ask your audience about something they like
- Ask your followers to fill in the blanks in a phrase you provide
- Share a story of you hosting or attending a special event
- Share something new that’s happening within your industry.
- Write your thoughts on major news and events everyone is talking about or share an article with an interesting perspective
- Make a post with a trending viral video
- Post an inspirational quote that appeals to you personally
- Motivate and inspire your audience by sharing the story about how you started your business
- Share a recent win or success in your business.
- Tell a story about a recent disappointment or “failure” in your business and explain how you overcame it
- Ask your followers how they feel about St. Valentine’s Day
- St. Valentine’s Day – dedicate your post to this holiday
- Ask your audience how they spent the St. Valentine’s
- Share a story about a person you admire or find inspiring
- Spread joy and laughter with a funny meme, joke, or story
- Share a helpful tip with your audience on how you manage stress and balance work-life responsibilities
- Tell a fun fact about you (or your company history) that not everyone knows and allows your audience to get to know you better
- Share a photo or video of you engaging in one of your hobbies or favorite activities
- To be closer to your audience, share your family time photo
- Post cute kids or pets – everyone loves them!
- If you’re out and exploring your city, whether it’s in nature or an urban area, share it!
- Let your audience in on the book you’re currently reading or learning
- Tell your subscribes what you choose to do in your relaxation time
- Share something from your bucket list that you would love to do someday
- Tell about a challenge you’re currently facing in your business or personal life
- Show your favorite book related to your niche
Social media content calendar ideas for March
- Tell about your favorite podcast related to your niche
- Share your favorite YouTube channel related to your niche
- Recommend your favorite online course related to your niche
- Link to a tool/resource you can’t live without to do your job or run your business
- Share a product or service you love and your audience will benefit from
- Tell about your favorite influencer who inspires and motivates you
- Come up with an interesting fact about women
- International Women’s Day – dedicate this post to women
- Ask your followers how they feel about the women’s day
- Post a photo from some of your fan’s profile. They will be amazed! 🙂
- If you have a favorite charity or cause you support, share it with your audience and tell a story about why this initiative is important to you
- Feature a customer by sharing a video interview of how and why they became your client
- Interview an expert or influencer in your niche and share the video as a post
- #SundayFunday: share how you are spending your Sunday
- #MotivationMonday: share a motivational quote, story, or video and use the #MotivationMonday hashtag in your update
- #TuesdayVibes: post whatever you want and add this hashtag as it’s virtually universal!
- St. Patrick’s Day – create a post about this holiday
- #TBT (Throwback Thursday): use this hashtag (one of the oldest and most widely used daily ones!) to post an old photo (the older the better) and tell about that time in your life
- #FridayNight: show why your Friday night is so fun!
- International Day of Happiness – tell your audience why you’re happy/what makes you happy, and ask about them
- World’s Poetry Day – tell your audience how you feel about poetry, and ask for their opinion
- @Mention a Follower: if you have a follower who engages regularly with your content, give them a shout out using the @mention feature and thank them
- @Mention an Influencer: if there’s an influencer in your niche who you’d like to develop a relationship with, @mention them in a post and share something you’ve learned from them
- #WednesdayWisdom: share a little wisdom or practical advice with your audience using this hashtag
- Thank your followers for staying with you!
- Share your newest content: the latest blog post, podcast, or video
- #SaturdayMorning: give your audience a glimpse at how you’re spending your Saturday morning.
- Repurpose old content and dust off some old blog post (don’t forget to update the images and headline!)
- Share your most popular piece of content
- Show one of your new products or services
- Tell a story about your top-selling product or service
Social media content calendar ideas for April
- April Fool’s Day – create a funny and hilarious post for this day
- Ask your followers what makes them laugh
- Promote your newsletter by letting your audience know what’s so special about it and encourage your audience to subscribe
- Promote your other social profiles
- Easter – Create a post about this holiday
- Run a contest and encourage your audience to share your content with others or create a specific post on social media
- World’s health day – make a post about health or a healthy lifestyle
- Ask your followers whether they follow a healthy lifestyle or not
- Announce your tomorrow’s Follower-Only Flash Sale
- Run a 1-day flash sale ONLY for your social media followers
- Promote the launch of your new product or service
- International Day of Human Space Flight – create a special post about space flights
- Ask your followers about space flights: would they like to try them, etc.
- Whatever milestone you’ve hit, celebrate it on social media and share it with your audience
- If you have employees who help make your business great, tell the world about them!
- As your audience grows on social media, reintroduce yourself and your business
- Take a picture of your workspace
- Post something seasonal
- Share an attention-grabbing statistic
- Chinese Language Day – celebrate this day with a post about China
- Correct a common misconception that’s related to your industry
- International Mother Earth Day – share your love to Earth with your subscribers
- English Language Day – celebrate this day with a post about English culture
- Give a shout out to another local business or organization
- Invite people to join your mailing list
- Ask your audience what their biggest struggle in business is
- Give away a coupon code
- Make a live video
- Share how to create & write down your goals
- International Jazz Day – create a post about jazz
Social media content calendar ideas for May
- Challenge your audience to post every day for 30 days and give them a free Social Media calendar
- Explain why you decided to join the business
- Talk about your products and how they help people
- Share someone else’s inspiring story
- Create a challenge related to your niche
- Share a quote (graphics) and ask your audience what they think about it
- Ask followers what you should post next
- Challenge your audience to share their 3 goals and achieve at least one of them in a week
- Ask your audience to share their favorite quote
- Create a 5-day mini-course about a specific topic in your niche
- Welcome new followers and thank them for joining your group or page
- Ask for recommendations
- Create a VIP list with an exclusive discount coupon and choose 1 random follower each week to send them the link to this VIP list
- Create a poll
- International Day of Families – create a post devoted to your family
- Talk about your morning routine
- Explain how you prepare for the day or week
- Share all the things you do daily
- Share your top favorite apps that help you get organized
- World Bee Day – create a post about bees
- International Tea Day – make a post about tea
- Talk about the tools that help you create content
- Share your vision board
- Talk about what you stand for, your morals
- Share which trip you are planning next
- Talk about your favorite destinations
- Share why you started working in the online business
- Create a “Letter to my younger self”
- Post a video on how you use your products
- Share someone else’s blog post and explain what you learned from it
- Talk about your favorite things to do
Social media content calendar ideas for June
- Share 5 things about yourself
- Create a “Guess the right answer” post
- World Bicycle Day – make a post about bicycles
- World Environment Day – create a post about your ways to care about the environment
- Talk about the events that you’ll be hosting
- Russian Language Day – create a post about Russian culture
- Ask your followers how they found you
- World Oceans Day – make a post about the oceans
- Share fun facts about you
- Create a day in the life post
- Recommend someone else your audience should follow
- Post a photo and ask your followers to create a title for it
- Offer a tip
- World Blood Donor Day – tell your subscribers about blood donors
- Post a throwback
- Celebrate your birthday
- Ask for advice
- Collaborate with a brand
- Team up with a friend
- Share your latest blog post
- International Day of Yoga – make a post about yoga
- Share a holiday post
- Create a flat lay featuring printed photos
- Talk about your evening routine
- Share your latest shopping haul
- Post an outfit
- Share a product you love
- Take a photo at your favorite local work spot
- International Day of the Tropics – celebrate this day with your audience
- International Asteroid Day – tell your audience an interesting fact about asteroids
Social media content calendar ideas for July
- Offer productivity tips
- Talk about what you did on the weekend
- Ask followers how they spend their time off
- USA independence day – create a post about this holiday
- Ask your audience how they spent the independence day
- Ask your followers about the country they are from
- Celebrate your blogging anniversary
- Announce a new business or achievement
- Share what you’re listening to
- Talk about shows you’re watching
- Make a post about video games you’re playing
- Post a collection of photos
- Share your goals for the month
- Set larger goals for the year
- Ask your audience what they want to see more of
- ‘Before and After’: write a short story about your brand at the beginning and its current state
- Share a mantra or affirmations you say to keep you motivated to accomplish your goals with your audience!
- Show your morning ritual or helpful nightly routine to help you stay energized, focused, healthy, or positive
- Talk about guilty pleasures and share your favorite one
- Express your gratitude to anyone (customer, mentor, employee).
- Share a testimonial, quote, case study or video from a satisfied customer
- Give away some of your stuff you don’t need anymore (in good condition!) to your subscribers
- Share your competitive advantage and why you think someone should choose you over your competitors
- Celebrate a national holiday from your heritage
- Talk about your cultural background
- Share a memory from your childhood
- Talk about a defining moment in your life
- Post a photo with your significant other
- Post a photo of a newly renovated or decorated space
- International Day of Friendship – make a post about your friends
- Ask your audience about their friends
Social media content calendar ideas for August
- Celebrate the start of a new month
- Share a photo of a project you’re starting
- Give progress teasers for the above
- Post a top down photo
- Take a photo of seasonal decor you’re now using
- Show what’s in your bag 🙂
- Share a discount
- International Cat Day – make a post with cats: everyone loves them!
- Visit a garden and show the journey
- Share a new experience you had
- Visualize an interesting stat
- International Youth Day – create a post for a younger audience
- Share a thematic flat lay photo (food, tools, etc.)
- Post a photo with white frames (there’s a special Instagram feature for that)
- Capture the sunrise
- Share a challenge you’ve overcome
- Tell about time management tips that work for you
- Be open about some bad habits you’ve broken
- Share changes you’ve made in your business
- Talk about a current event
- Share a special offer
- Show a ‘Before and After’ of your workplace
- Share a real life moment
- Create a grid layout
- Share something you recently indulged in
- Make a flat lay photo of your office tools
- Create a meme based on your industry niche or your audience preferences
- Share a beautiful travel photo
- Show a photo with your current point of view
- Share an image of a famous spot in your city
- Post a photo of you at work
Social media content calendar ideas for September
- Celebrate the beginning of the new season
- Share a photo to make your followers laugh
- Create a collage
- Talk about an event that changed your life
- International Day of Charity – write about charity and its importance
- Ask your audience what they donate money (or other stuff) for
- Challenge your followers to do something
- Share your products collection or set
- Create a nature flat lay
- Tell a story
- Remember the story of why you started your business
- Share an opinion
- Post a photo from a recent event you attended
- Share another platform your followers can find you on
- Make an update on your recent activities
- Feature an employee, friend, or family member
- Post something inspirational
- Unveil a new product
- Share a photo of fun in the sun!
- Start an Instagram post series
- Share a blooper or IG photo fail
- Make a picture of beautiful lights
- Create a photo challenge: jump for joy
- Snap the point of view of what you’re doing right now
- Share ‘A Day In The Life’ photo collection
- Post photos from a local event
- World Tourism Day – create a post about tourism
- Post a photo you can describe using just emojis
- Feature a local start up
- International Translation Day – make a post about a world without translators
Social media content calendar ideas for October
- World Vegetarian Day – remind your followers about this day
- Ask your audience a question about vegetarianism
- Share what you put in your suitcase for an upcoming trip
- Show what’s on your coffee table
- World Teachers’ Day – say some warm words to your teachers
- Ask your followers about their favorite teachers
- Share a handwritten message
- Create a tutorial for multiple ways to do the same thing
- Share the view from your office
- Talk about a situation that inspired you
- Share something about your community
- Open up about your greatest fear
- Talk about a hobby you have
- Share a list of fun facts about yourself or your business
- Encourage followers to pay it forward and give an example of how you did this week
- World Food Day – celebrate this day with a picture of yummy food
- Share teasers for something to come
- Create an image to promote a blog post
- Talk about something you’ve struggled with
- Share what’s on your computer screen and be sure to tag brands!
- Talk about what your days off look like
- Offer a discount
- Advertise an affiliate program
- Introduce the business owners
- Talk about your items’ production and manufacturing
- Tell how you got into this business
- Announce your Halloween season sale
- Ask your subscribers if they celebrate Halloween
- Create a Halloween challenge
- Share your Halloween costume
- Halloween – make a thematic post
Social media content calendar ideas for November
- National Author’s Day – interview local authors and share local author’s day events
- Post Daylight Saving Time reminders & preparation tips
- Share your tricks to get motivated to work
- Ask about (or share!) life lessons to learn before you’re 30
- Native American Heritage Month – talk about Native American settlements and landmarks near you
- Ask what your followers do to stop wasting their time
- Discuss how to calm down after a long day
- Share how you found your purpose in life
- Give some tips on how to set realistic goals
- Veteran’s Day – share ways to support local veterans
- Share personal changes you’ve made and how you’ve grown
- Ask for the followers’ advice on how to get more done in less time
- Talk about your logo
- Feature the tools you’re using to keep your business going
- Share best places to visit in the fall
- Reveal some habits of famous successful people
- Share proven tips for staying positive
- Post a photo of your Thanksgiving feast
- Thanksgiving day – make a post about this holiday
- World Children’s Day – make a post dedicated to children
- World Television Day – discuss how television changed our lives
- Post an image of your Black Friday haul
- Share Black Friday specials you’re shopping for
- Announce special offers for your Black Friday
- Show the results of Black Friday
- Make a fall checklist for home or car maintenance
- Talk about globally known entrepreneurs who inspire you
- Share your proven ways to take control of some issue
- Make a list of alphabetical advice
- Write a short autobiography
Social media content calendar ideas for December
- Make a list of easy goals to accomplish before the end of the year
- Feature a guest post
- Share 10 links that you love
- “Wordless Wednesday’: post pictures without captions!
- Create a pros and cons list related to your niche
- Make a must-have list for your niche
- Create a checklist for a specific task
- Share the worst advice you ever received
- Explain how NOT to do something
- National Day of Animal Rights – share your ideas about how to treat animals
- International Mountain Day – create a post about mountains and nature
- Show your most popular blog post this year
- List your favorite things about December
- Share how you survive long car trips or flights
- Give ideas for last minute stocking stuffers
- Share tips for buying gifts for people who are hard to buy for
- Give holiday shopping tips for the busy season
- Arabic Language Day – make a post about Arabic culture
- Show how you style a Christmas tree
- Publish a DIY guide for holiday crafting
- Review your most popular product
- Host a Christmas giveaway!
- Create a gift guide
- Christmas – make a post about this holiday
- Boxing Day – create a post about the gifts you’ve received and gave
- Share a recap of your holiday festivities
- Write about the things you learned this year
- Share a before and after: it’s high time for your brand to share another post about changes
- Make New Year’s plans and resolutions and ask the followers to share theirs, too
- Share an image of the bottle you’ll be popping this new year
- New Year’s Eve – celebrate the beginning of the New Year with your followers.
As you can see, there are hundreds of ideas for your social media content calendar. Just connect any post with your niche or industry and watch your audience growing! We welcome you to use our ideas as a draft and inspiration, and wish you an enjoyable social media experience! And should you ever need any assistance with your social media management, we’re excited to make individual catchy posts for you!
Amazing content. Great job Diana.
Great ideas! Thanks, Diana.